Oct 28, 2011

A Prayer

Praying aloud isn't something I regularly do. But I do see power in it. Praying aloud alone, hands raised, palms to Heaven, when it strikes me I pray this way. Sometimes at the creek, at the sink, by the bed...alone. Sometimes I pray on my knees, sometimes in bed, sometimes walking though the house. You get the picture. Whenever, wherever. This morning I was sitting at the desk praying...And I was prompted to type my prayer. Odd, but who am I to know....

Dear Lord, Father in Heaven ,

You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, The creator of Heaven and Earth.  I am thankful this morning for the opportunity to come before your throne. And I am so blessed to have friends this morning Lord, friends here in Missouri, friends from back East, and from years past. Thank you for even the smallest friendship. These are gifts from you. Father, today some are hurting with loneliness, with health issues, with fear, with financial problems.  I lift the these ones up to you , before your throne, and  I ask that you would help each one. Draw them closer to you, to your strength, to your peace, to your wisdom. Father for the ones who don't know you, I pray that you would draw them to yourself. Reveal truth to them, let them know they are not alone in what they're facing. Father, you are a God who cares. You created them and you love them. Please help them in life and the difficulties of it; help them understand that these hard things can draw them closer to you. Most of all I pray that they will understand that they need Jesus to give them a relationship with you. Help them to understand that we are all sinners and sin does not have a place in Heaven. Let them know in their hearts that Jesus paid the price of sin, death, for all men and that by trusting in his perfect sacrifice they can know without a doubt where they will spend eternity one day. We don't deserve the price he paid for us, the suffering, the pain...but your Word says by his stripes we are healed.

Father please help them today.
In Jesus name,
Amen

Love you all, In Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment