Oct 30, 2011

Pumpkin Bread ~ Pumpkin Cake


The other day, when I was looking for a diversion from the breakfast doldrums, 
I remembered something a generous friend and neighbor made us years ago.

Well, with fall and pumpkins- it was the perfect remedy!







Mmmm.











That orange batter screams fall is here! And the smell does too.






I doubled the recipe and made two loaves of pumpkin bread and one 9X13" pumpkin cake.                    




The cake was the bread, of course, topped with cream cheese icing.


Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 c. of sugar
  • 3/4 c. veg. oil
  • 1 can pumpkin  ( I doubled my recipe and used 1 large can, not the regular size can. I also used 6 large eggs instead of doubling to eight. Everything else I doubled as called for.) 
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
Directions: 

Mix eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to other ingredients. Mix well. 
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. in an ungreased pan. Cool.


Cream Cheese Icing:
  • 3 oz. of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup of confectioner's sugar (You can use two, but I just use one. Add more as you like.)
  • 1/4 c. margarine or butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1-2 Tablespoons milk. This will depend on how much sugar you added. Add gradually to be sure the icing does not get too thin.
Mix well with an electric mixer. 
Keep refrigerated.


Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment