The other day, when I was looking for a diversion from the breakfast doldrums,
I remembered something a generous friend and neighbor made us years ago.
Well, with fall and pumpkins- it was the perfect remedy!
I doubled the recipe and made two loaves of pumpkin bread and one 9X13" pumpkin cake.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. of sugar
- 3/4 c. veg. oil
- 1 can pumpkin ( I doubled my recipe and used 1 large can, not the regular size can. I also used 6 large eggs instead of doubling to eight. Everything else I doubled as called for.)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
Mix eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to other ingredients. Mix well.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. in an ungreased pan. Cool.
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 3 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of confectioner's sugar (You can use two, but I just use one. Add more as you like.)
- 1/4 c. margarine or butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk. This will depend on how much sugar you added. Add gradually to be sure the icing does not get too thin.
Mix well with an electric mixer.