Oct 4, 2011

Where to Begin

I've been mulling over this for days...What should I share here? How to's of the the things I enjoy, the latest activities of the family, recipes, thoughts and musings... so much to choose from. I love all of those things. But I need to keep it simple. That's kind of hard when as I type I am also answering questions about perimeter and area for our eleven year old. My thoughts scatter. Yet, this is life.  

Today it can seem like we seldom have 15 minutes to devote to one task. That is unless you rise early, or stay up late. We can all lament the hurried schedules, undone chores, the never ending question of "What's for supper?" and more. That doesn't really get us anywhere does it? So let's sit down, breathe deep...let it out slowly. And focus. What are we doing? Why are we doing it? And how do we do it better? When our brains get a moment to settle amid the rush of life, I think we all ponder those questions.

"How do you spell squirrel?"  "S-q-u-i-r-r-e-l." Yes, I am typing and homeschooling...) Multi-tasking is a necessary skill for moms, and most women in general (and some men!). But too much of it, and your speech gets crazy and so do you! So here, lets enjoy the gifts of life...simply. And glorify the One who gave it all to us by reaching up for the peace, thankfulness and joy we can pass along to others, even in the midst of busyness and uncertainty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment